What You Need to Know
To request reimbursement from the ACS for a pre-approved expenditure or travel subsidy you should have the following information from an ACS staff person to assure success.
- Project name: ACS is project based and therefore any reimbursement will be allocated to a particular project that is often tracked by an internal naming convention. Therefore, please be sure that you receive and use the specific project name or code that your ACS contact gives you.
- Receipts: Receipts for all purchases are required and must be clearly identifiable. The ACS reimbursement form allows you to upload multiple receipts and you should submit each receipt as an individual attachment. Airline boarding passes are not required to substantiate the use of an airline ticket (just your physical presence at the meeting you are traveling to). If you are driving, you must provide a contemporaneous mileage log of your start and end odometer readings are required. Mileage reimbursement should not be higher than the cost of flying to the event.
- Deadline for Submission: When you have been authorized to file a reimbursement, you should also have been given a deadline by which to complete the reimbursement request. Because the ACS often works under the time frames of grant making organizations, we strongly encourage individuals to complete this process as quickly as possible. ACS often has limited flexibility on deadlines.
- Authorization: An ACS staff person will be asked to verify that you are “authorized” to receive a reimbursement or subsidy. For example, a workshop might rely on an attendance sheet that you will want to have initialed during the event such that ACS will later have received confirmation of your participation. Or a lodging receipt might only be eligible if lodging was promised and no other lodging alternative was offered. The authorization protocol will be made explicit by ACS or your event organizer in advance. Therefore, please carefully attend to the requirements noted in materials regarding your project.
- Disbursement Instructions: You will be asked how you want to receive your reimbursement – electronically to your bank (requires routing and account number) or via a paper check mailed to a specific address. Electronic payment is preferred and will be received by you much faster than a paper check. Please make sure that you have provided this information by completing the secure form at https://www.acsouth.edu/pay-pref.
When you are ready to submit your request for reimbursement, please complete the request form at https://www.acsouth.edu/reimburse. Reimbursements are typically processed within two weeks. If you have questions, please contact the ACS staff person you are working with or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for engaging with the Associated Colleges of the South.