ACS is pleased to put out a special call to ACS faculty and staff members for summer virtual workshop and working group proposals.
Workshops consist of 1-4 faculty and/or staff members who collaborate to develop and deliver 90 minutes sessions virtually across the consortium. Working groups are made up of 4-8 faculty and/or staff members who participate in multiple conversations to develop and/or curate material. Working groups result in some sort of tangible product.
ACS will help develop the team of members; teams must include members from multiple institutions. If you have an idea that fits one of the 12 topics below, but don’t yet have a team, propose it; we will help you find collaborators.
Proposals must tie to one of the following topics:
- Inclusive Pedagogies (Anti-racist pedagogies)
- Developing new thinking about Advising and Mentoring
- COVID Recovery and Faculty Well-being
- Mid-Career Faculty Transitions
- Strategies for Planning, Maintaining, and Energizing Scholarship Post-COVID
- Enhancing the First-Year Experience
- Rethinking the (Post-pandemic) Sophomore Experience
- Faculty Leadership Development topic: Preparing Department/Program Chairs
- A post-COVID look at Study Abroad: Sustainability and the Global Experience
- ACS 2021 Writing Group*: (This group is being organized and will take up to 8 individuals who want a guided experience, with allotted time to get that writing done.)
- “Post-COVID” versus “Pre-COVID”: What looks different, what have we learned, and how do we make it happen?
- Great Practices Series: Diversifying faculty and staff (2021)
*For the ACS 2021 Writing Group, rather than a proposal description, applicants should explain what it is that they are working on (for their writing project(s), and what they hope to gain from the writing group experience.