Welcome to the The Associated Colleges of the South events calendar.
- This event has passed.
Special Call for Summer Virtual Workshops and Working Groups!
April 21 @ 8:00 am – April 29 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Workshop and Working Group proposals due: April 29, 2022
ACS is pleased to put out a special call to ACS faculty and staff members for summer virtual workshop and working group proposals.
- Workshops consist of 1-4 faculty and/or staff members from multiple institutions who collaborate to develop and deliver 90-minute sessions across the consortium.
- Working groups are made up of 4-8 faculty and/or staff members who participate in multiple conversations to develop and/or curate material. Working groups result in some sort of tangible product.
ACS will facilitate the formation of cross-campus collaborations; teams must include members from multiple institutions. If you have an idea that fits one of the 10 topics below, but don’t yet have a team, propose it; we will help you find collaborators.
Proposals must tie to one of the following topics:
- Faculty Well-being
- Trauma-informed Pedagogy
- Excellence in Advising: How to define, nurture, recognize and reward
- Mentoring Series: (any of these OR another take on mentoring)
- Mentoring Second- and third-year faculty members
- Mentoring First-year faculty members
- Forming Disciplinary Mentoring Groups within the ACS
- Best practices in mentoring UG research students
- Strategies for Planning, Maintaining, and Energizing Scholarship Post-COVID
- Teaching to Neurodiversity
- Creating an inclusive department: majors, faculty, staff
- Using the UN Sustainable Development Goals in classrooms and/or study abroad
- How to create “space” for civil discourse on campus
- Flexibility, rigor, equity, and other conversations about the nature of our classrooms.
*For the ACS 2022 Writing Group(s), please include name, title, institution, and contact information of applicant, discuss the writing you are hoping to complete through participation in this writing group, and what do you currently see as the primary barriers to your writing progress.
For more information, please click here.
Workshop and Working Group proposals may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2022.